Bluebell Inn, Sorell The original Inn was a timber structure with 17 rooms built for William Currie in 1829. The Bluebell Inn became a an important meeting place in Sorell with a number of important public meetings taking place there up until it's destruction by fire in 1863. Following the fire, William Gard replaced the destroyed timber building with a substantial stone Georgian hotel comprising two levels that occupied a prominent location in what was originally the main street.
The building has high quality stonework with very fine stone detailing around the ground floor windows. The building has a deep pitched roof and also has a basement which is accessed by a cellar door at street level for ease of loading. The structure also includes a ballroom.
The Inn remained a licenced premises until 1907 with John Dore holding the last licence. Subsequently, the property's ballroom was used as a drill hall during World War 1. Nurse O'Brien operated a maternity hospital on the site from 1936 until 1945.
Blue Bell Inn is once again an accommadation house featuring intimate weddings in the lush gardens and ballroom.